From the article: Top 20 Summer Product Must-Haves
If you were to be stranded on a desert island, whether by choice or not, what would be the top makeup must-haves in your bag? Think heat, sand, water, and the blazing sun all rolled into one little area and you with only a handful of products. So what beauty and makeup must-haves are on the "it" list for being stranded on a desert island? Share Your Must-Haves
Long and Lushious Mascara
- Cant live without Long and Lushious Mascara from Makellos Cosmetics online makeup store in Australia. Love it! and its only $16.95. Definitely taking that one on the desert island.
- —Guest Karly
10 must haves in your beauty bag
- 1- urban decay 24/7 glide on eye pencil. THE BEST!! it glides on so smooth. 2-Smiths Rosebud Salve. It is a great multitasker and a celeb favorite. 3- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer in Sin. It has a lovely peachy pink color that can even be used alone. 4- Benefits Benetint lip stain. It is so awesome and the scent is lovely, like roses. It doesnt dry either like some stains. 5- The body shop born lippy balms. lovely as they are not sticky and they have color as well. 6- e.l.f brightening eye pot . just dab under your eyes and at the crease and VOILA!! no dark circles! 7-body shop vitamin c skin boost cream. It makes your skin look radiant and is matte. 8-Mac fluidline gel eyeliner. SO AWESOME it doesnt go away or smudge for HOURS. 9- urban decay naked palette. Nuff said. 10- Maybelline great lash mascara. Ditto. ALSO Body Shop tea tree oil works wonders for your skin.
- —Guest sarah
Make-Up Must Have
- I can't live w/out my Josie Maran Argan Color Stick for cheeks! Love, Love, Love This product. It goes on smoothly and looks natural!
- —Guest Sunshine
Must Have Makeup for Oily Skin
- My #1 Must Have Makeup Item: Mattify Cosmetics Ultra Powder for oily skin. This is the HOLY GRAIL of products for people with oily skin!! I’ve never found any face powder that soaks up oil for so many hours. Usually I would have to re-powder every single hour, but now I can go 4 hours without a touch up. I love their eye shadows too, because they don’t crease on my oily eye lids and stay color true all day long. I found this at a makeup expo in Reno 2 years ago and have been addicted ever since. My second must have product is: Stila Cosmetics Eye Liner. It stays on all day long and is so soft I can even line the inner rims of my eyes with it. Also, it comes in a ton of colors, which is very rare for eye liners. All other liners (because of my stupid oily skin) wear off within a few hours - but not this one!
Estee Lauder's new indelible Lip Duo
- OMG. I have found my holy grail: an indelible lipstick that has a beautiful color, stays ON ALL DAY, does not look dry, and the color does not fade. LOVE IT
- I can't live without their yellow concealer and Hollywoof foundation!
Young and Fresh Must Haves
- I'm in highschool and I choose not to overdue the makeup. My current must-haves are a medium brown eyeliner and mascara and a foundation and concealer to cover up small blemishes. I have fairly light skin and hair and I don't want my makeup to be too noticeable. That's why I use medium brown mascara and eyeliner so it doesn't show up too much. I use a foundation and concealer that either match my skin or are a shade darker in Winter. I highly recommend makeup-removing towelettes, they are so much easier to control!
- —Guest Carebear
Makeup i cant live without
- antipuff eye roller... i love this fantastic Garnier product!!! It really does work!!!
- —Guest Alex
makeup products i cant live without
- i cant live without eyeliner, for sure. im only 12. but i look NASTY without eyeliner
- —Guest julia
My Summer Must Haves
- 1) Aveeno Postively Radiant SPF 30 Moisturizer; 2) M.A.C. Blot Powder; 3) Physician's Formula Natural Origins 2-in-1 Blush & Bronzer in Pink Rose/Lt Bronzer; 4) Cover Girl Lash Blash waterproof mascara; 5) Johnson's Body Care Forever Fresh body lotion
- —Guest Jenn
- 1) Neutrogena mineral sheer powder for medium and tan skin 2) La Source hand cream, Crabtree and Evelyn 3) Phyto brand shampoos and hair styling products 4) OPI lipsticks (off clearance racks at Trade Secret at the mall) 5) Make Up Forever eyeliner ($17.00 but will last) 6) My anti-histamine!!! I am always looking for new things I can’t live without.
- —Guest Marie
Summer Must Haves
- La Roche Posay Anthelios 60 Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid Bobbi Brown Shimmerbrick Nivea Kiss of Moisture Valana Minerals CoverGirl Lash Blast EcoTools Blush Brush Fiji Water!!
Multi-taskers are the key!
- 1. sunscreen 2. insect repellant 3. hair conditioner, since I’ll be outdoors lot, but won’t have a chance for regular trims (can double as moisturizer) 4. liquid soap (can double as shampoo) 5. toothbrush I considered putting an exfoliant on the list, but I think the sand would be an excellent exfoliant. I also considered lip balm, but the conditioner and sunscreen could be used for that, and I would need the toothbrush more.
- —Guest D