The Bottom Line
- Contains ceramides to help rebuild the skin's barrier function
- Formulation is rich, while being very soothing and nourishing
- Contains and anti-irritant complex
- Contains time-released encapsulated vitamin A
- Repairs collagen and evens skin tone
- The price may turn some people off, but it's less than going to a dermatologist's office
- Manufacturer - ZO Skin Health
- Contains encapsulated Vitamin A
- Contains ceramides
- Formulated by Dr. Zein Obagi, internationally renowned dermatologist and skincare pioneer
- Unique packaging to stop daily contamination
- Size - 1.7 oz.
- Suggested Price - $95
- Available - Online, the STUDIO at Fred Segal, and select Nordstrom department stores
Guide Review - Review of Ommerse™ Overnight Recovery Crème
I tried Dr. Obagi's Ommerse™ Overnight Recovery Crème in combination with his Radical Night Repair and Exfoliating Polish. I really liked the entire line of products but instantly fell in love with the Ommerse™ Overnight Recovery Crème. The cream felt very rich and creamy, yet it did not leave my skin feeling oil after the application. There is a slight scent to the cream, but it was very light and pleasant plus it faded very quickly.
One of my favorite things about the Overnight Crème was the container. One thing I hate is using a jar cream and having to stick my finger in it every night, or hunt for a Q-tip to use. Ommerse™ Overnight Recovery Crème has stopped this problem because all you do is press the top of the jar and you get a perfect portion of cream to apply to your face and throat.
So the packaging is wonderful, but how well does the cream actually work? After using the Ommerse™ Overnight Recovery Crème in combination with the other products for six weeks, I couldn't believe how bright, soft, and balanced my skin looked. I've always had issues with uneven skin tone on certain areas of my face, which meant that I never would go outside without wearing at least a little makeup. After using Dr. Obagi's Ommerse™ Overnight Recovery Crème my skin tone was even and it looked healthier. For the first time I was actually comfortable with going down my driveway to my mailbox without having to have a concealer, powder, or foundation on my face.
The bottom line is the ZO Skin Health line is an absolute must-have. The Ommerse™ Overnight Recovery Crème, along with the rest of Dr. Obagi's line is a gift from the skin care and makeup Gods. Honestly I don't know where it's been all of my life, but now that it's here my skin can't thank me enough.