The Bottom Line
- The Silk Foundation contains natural ingredients such as jojoba, rosehip, and cucumber water.
- The Gloss Balm is infused with mango, shea, and other natural ingredients.
- Lightweight and silky feel to the foundation, instead of a heavy and cakey mess.
- Get a lip gloss and lip balm in one little container, with an added SPF15.
- The Silk Foundation is oil-free, paraben-free, and contains SPF10.
- There are no negatives.
- Manufacturer - CoverGirl
- Key Ingredients - Jojoba, rosehip, cucumber water, mango, and shea butter
- Silk Foundation Colors - 14 Shades
- Gloss Balm Colors - 16 Shades
- Average Silk Foundation Price - $11.99
- Average Gloss Balm Price - $6.49
Guide Review - Review of CoverGirl's NatureLuxe Collection
Most of us are constantly on the search for great, yet affordable, makeup products. The bad thing is normally when "budget" makeup lines try to use more natural ingredients they tend to miss the mark and fall flat. CoverGirl's NatureLuxe Collection has tried just that, but they've actually succeeded. CoverGirl was one of the first makeup lines I was allowed to wear when I was a teenager. The products back then were okay, but with average teenage skin and the lack of experience or knowledge I always had the wrong color and formula, which led to break-outs and a detached look. If CoverGirl had released NatureLuxe back then I would have been a much happier teenager.
The NatureLuxe Collection included a Silk Foundation and a Gloss Balm. The Silk Foundation really does feel like silk on your skin, blends in well, gives great coverage, and leaves your skin looking soft and smooth instead of fake and chalky. The Gloss Balm gives you the best of both worlds by combining a lip gloss and a lip balm into one. It's sheer and very moisturizing, yet the color seems to stay a good amount of time for a balm/gloss product. As a bonus both products contain natural ingredients as well as an SPF.
As a sensitive skin person I will have to admit that I was a little leery that CoverGirl's NatureLuxe Collection would work well with my skin, but it really did work out wonderfully. In fact, I love it so much I have been using it every day since I requested the samples to test. I will admit that the products are not 100% natural, but I was very impressed that the first three listed ingredients were cyclopentasiloxane (a silicone lubricant), water, and cucumber fruit water.
The bottom line is CoverGirl has broken away from the ordinary drugstore brands with their NatureLuxe Collection. The foundation feels like silk on your skin and the Gloss Balm is an ingenious twist of a lip gloss and a balm in one cute little package. In the end NatureLuxe has changed me from department store makeup diva to drugstore frugalista, all while feeling like a Cover Girl in the end. Both products are a must-have for anyone's makeup arsenal.
Share Your Opinion - Give Your Review of CoverGirl's NatureLuxe Collection