The Bottom Line
- Lightweight on the skin
- Packed with natural ingredients
- The starter kit comes with everything you need
- Great instructional video for newbies
- Gives a wide variety of colors and options, for all needs
- I had to use an extra concealer under my eyes
- Some of the tabs covering the containers were difficult to remove
- The process may be overwhelming at first, especially to newbies
- Manufacturer - Bare Escentuals Beauty, Inc.
- Kit available in 4 Shades
- Mineral Foundation contains SPF 15
- Suggested Price - $75, but can be found for around $60
Guide Review - Review of Bare Minerals Getting Started Kit
I have to admit that I had never used a mineral makeup until I contacted Bare Escentuals and requested a review of their mineral foundation. I'm the old school kind of girl, where I need my liquid foundation, powder, and concealer. It has basically been burned into my psyche that I need to have all of that in order to get good coverage, a flawless finish, and not have it get into my lines.
After trying Bare Minerals Getting Started Kit, I think my thoughts on makeup may be changing. The kit came with several items, which overwhelmed me until I watched the video. The video was very informative and helped a lot when I began applying the makeup. I followed the directions exactly and the first time I applied the 3 products, it took me longer than my makeup usually takes. So, I decided to try it again and found that by the second time I was applying the makeup just as quickly and easily as my liquid foundation and powder. The only down side for me, was having to use an extra concealer to cover my dark circles because the mineral foundation didn't cover enough. I didn't have to use much, though, which was great.
Overall, I think the Bare Minerals Getting Started Kit was fabulous, and even though the kit is approximately $60, it's worth it to have everything you need to get started with the line. Once you need foundation, you can purchase it alone so it's not so costly. Besides the price, I think it's a great makeup line to use daily, especially in the heat of summer time. It's very light weight and great for your skin. The kicker is that if you get too tired and don’t wash your face that night, you won't wake up with blemishes and clogged pores. I wouldn't recommend doing this nightly, but it's good to know that you can do it every once in a while and not feel bad that you're damaging your skin.