The Bottom Line
- Gives 4 products in one compact, including SPF15
- Contains a makeup sponge and mirror underneath
- Formula contains no parabens, preservatives, talc, or chemical dyes
- Great for all skin types and ages
- Can be applied with a brush or sponge
- The concealer concept doesn't conceal as well under the eye area
- Contains Bismuth Oxychloride, which can irritate some skins
- Manufacturer - Pur Minerals
- Shades - Available in 10 Shades
- Contains foundation, powder, concealer, and SPF in one product
- Suggested Price - $24.50
Guide Review - Review of Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup
The mineral makeup itself felt very nice with a light almost creamy texture to it. The first time I tried the foundation, I applied it with my favorite flat top brush, which is similar to their chisel brush. The coverage was good, yet natural, and it did cover any spots of blemishes for the most part. The built-in concealer didn't function quite as well under my eye area though and I ended up using another mineral line in that area. Unfortunately about a minute or so after applying the powder, my face began to itch in spots. It wasn't a sever itch and it did eventually subside, so I chalked it up to coincidence for the first application.
A few days later I tried the 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup again, but this time I used the makeup sponge that came with it. The application went on just as well as with the flat top brush and the product still gave me a natural look while covering blemishes. Unfortunately, just as before my skin began to itch after I applied the makeup. After it happening a second time I decided to grab the package to read the ingredients, only to find that it contained Bismuth Oxychloride. This is an ingredient that can be found in makeup that can be irritating to people with sensitive skin or Rosacea. Since my skin is sensitive I believe this is why I got a small reaction, but it did go away eventually.
So the bottom line with Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup is that overall it's a good product, since it is formulated to fit all ages and skin types. But unfortunately you have to know if you are allergic to Bismuth Oxychloride before using it. So this is why I have rated the 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup at 4 instead of 5. Also, I think if they can remove the irritant then I could look past the extra concealer and give them all 5 stars for an overall good multi-tasking product.