Bold colors are here to stay, so why not create your own designs and make each nail unique to you?
Try a bright base nail color, followed by an edging strip across the tip. Stickers galore are on the market today. Whatever the season there will be something available to suit. So let loose and let your imagination run free.
What you will need:
1. Cotton pads – lint free is best
2. Nail polish remover (acetone free if you wear fake nails otherwise they will dissolve)
3. A selection of colors, e.g. electric, glitter, light and dark shades
4. Clear base coat
5. Quick drying top coat
6. Stickers and rhinestones
8. Kitchen towel
10. Thick hand towel
11. Table or large tray
1. You will need at least 1 ¼ hours free to avoid rushing your nail art.
2. Unscrew all nail polish bottles and acetone ready for ease of use.
3. Roll towel up to rest your hands on while painting.
4. Sit at a table if possible, if not then use a large tray on your lap so that everything is to hand.
5. Have a basic idea of what designs you are going to create. Why not go really wild and have a different design on each nail? Remember not to have too many similar colors together. For dramatic effect you would want a blue, a red, a green, a yellow, etc.
6. Where possible have at least one electric color on each hand. It is eye catching and will draw attention.
1. Apply the clear base coat and allow 5 minutes for drying. This is important because bright nail polishes will stain your nails.
2. Lightly apply the main color to your nails.
3. After 1 minute run your finger tips under the cold water faucet to assist with drying.
4. Wait 15 minutes and apply the quick dry top coat.
5. After an additional 30 – 45 minutes you can begin your design. It really is important to ensure the bottom coat is completely dry before building onto it.
6. Here are some thoughts for each individual nail:
7. Wait another 5 minutes and run your nails under a cold water faucet again. Shake dry if possible.
8. Approximately 10 minutes later apply a final base coat.
9. Wait until all nails are 100% dry, and then where necessary, dip a Q-tip into the nail polish remover and gently rub around the edges to clean off any over-painting.
10. Your nails are now gorgeous and eye-catching. As you become more experienced you will be able to create some patterns which will be totally unique to you.